Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Peak bagging

I bagged my sixteenth Colorado fourteener (14,000+ foot mountain) today with my brother Erik, speed-hiking La Plata peak (14,336 ft). We made it up 4100 vertical feet and about 5 miles in just under 2 hours (1:54 to be precise). We also did a fast hike up Mt. Massive on June 26.

Erik and Brad on La Plata Peak


An arm's length cell phone photo from the summit of Mt. Massive


here's the complete list of 14'ers I've bagged.

  • La Plata
  • Massive
  • Mt. Evans (3 years of the Mt. Evans Ascent race)
  • Pikes Peak (2 years in the Pikes Peak Ascent race)
  • Bierstadt (in December)
  • Longs Peak
  • Torrey's
  • Grey's
  • Sherman
  • Huron
  • Elbert (tallest in Colorado)
  • Quandry
  • Harvard
  • Princeton
  • Sneffels
  • Mt. Holy Cross

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend and I are interested in starting to hike fourteeners in CO, and it's great to hear about those who have gone before! I didn't realize you could ascend so quickly...that was a great pace!