- Free newspaper launched in Guangzhou [a city near Hong Hong]
- Thai Princess unveils country's first royal blog
- Joe Blow named new CFO of Progressive Insurance Co. [in the US]
Here's another good story: the Chinese government has launched a campaign to improve the manners of Chinese people travelling abroad.
Uncivilized behavior is becoming a real embarassment for China. Spitting and littering top the list of behavior among Chinese travelers.Travelers are also being admonished not to talk too loudly and to respect queuing rules. Can't they launch this campaign in the homeland first? Please!
In the interest of fair and balanced journalism, there are a few things we Americans could stand to improve, too.
- Look around - is anyone else in your host country wearing short-shorts, obnoxious T-shirts, plunging neck lines, or exposing their belly buttons to the world? No? Well then you shouldn't be, either. When in Rome...
- I don't care how many people speak a little English so they can more effectively overcharge you for crappy souvenirs. Learn how to say at least "hello" and "thank you" in the local language